We’re not here to give you dietary advice, or encourage vegetarianism. But unless you live in a bubble you’ll be aware of the 5-a-day guideline for fruit and vegetable consumption recommended by the NHS and World Health Organisation. The challenge for most people is meeting this guideline? At Thrive on Five it’s our aim to make it easier and tastier.
• We’re the only company in the UK who provides ‘off the shelf’ dishes with more than 3 of your 5-a-day.
• When vegetables are cooked, or dried, they generally decrease in weight. It is mainly water which is lost, meaning the nutrients are still present. That’s why 30g dried fruit, or 25g tomato puree counts as 1 of your 5-a-day. When we cook our curries (for example), the vegetables reduce in weight, but you can be confident that 400g of fresh vegetables have gone into every dish which promises 5 of your 5-a-day.
• Across our 15 products we use 32 different vegetables, 6 different pulses/lentils and 5 varieties of fresh herbs. This variety of ingredients enables us to provide a wide range of nutrients in every dish: vitamins, minerals and micro-nutrients vary for every vegetable, and the more variety you eat, the better.
• Everything is natural. We carefully check every ingredient we use to ensure our food is free from artificial colours, preservatives and flavours.
• We don’t believe in doing you good at the expense of our planet. That’s why our packaging is from recycled materials, is recyclable and our product sleeves are printed on environmentally friendly board, from sustainable sources.