This is an adaptation of a classic Greek salad - we've simply added a few more veg to get five portions into one dish. It's quick and easy to prepare so perfect for lunch. Feel free to substitute mozzarella for feta.
Greek Salad - Serves 1
- A tablespoon of green pesto
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A large handful of green beans, topped and tailed
- A large handful of mixed leaf salad
- Half a small red onion, very finely sliced
- A large handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5cm piece of cucumber, cut into bite sized pieces
- 30g black olives, halved
- Half an avocado
- 30g feta
In a small bowl, mix together the pesto, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice and set aside.
Cook the green beans in salted water until tender, drain and set aside.
Toss the salad leaves together with the red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives and cooked green beans. Cut the avocado into large chunks and place on top of the salad together with some crumbled feta. Drizzle over the pesto dressing and serve.
Your 5-a-day done!